For flower farmers, a bountiful spring and summer begins with a well-planned autumn.
On Monday, October 2 at Noon ET/9am PT, ordering will open for spring 2024-shipped annual plugs and perennials at farmerbailey.com. Ordering early ensures access to your most-wanted cut flower varieties and Ship Weeks.
Preview spring-shipped mums, plugs and perennials at farmerbailey.com from Wednesday, September 27. We invite you to click around the site and explore.
Spring-shipped varieties are marked "Unavailable" or "Sold Out" until ordering opens on October 2. If you don't see your must-have variety, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be adding more crops throughout the fall, as seed, cuttings and tissue culture are confirmed.
New suppliers Plug Connection (CA) and 3 Porch Farm (GA) join Gro 'n Sell (PA) in the Farmer Bailey Catalogs. Visit farmerbailey.com to select the Catalog you wish to shop. Gro 'n Sell's superior plug quality sets a high bar, and we are proud to add new vendors of equal mastery.
Young plant experts Plug Connection grow a wide variety of cut flower annuals, and their California location means more affordable shipping rates for Western growers. Grounded in sustainable practices and principles before profit, 3 Porch Farm grows and ships rooted Heirloom Mum cuttings nationwide (excluding AK, CA, HI) from Georgia.
Farmer Bailey does not require a tax ID number to shop our Catalogs, but our order minimums may be too many plants for home gardeners. We hear your requests for smaller quantities of plugs, and are currently developing a retail program. Until retail is launched, we suggest contacting your local gardening club or independent nursery to inquire about splitting orders.
Pro Tips on Shopping Spring-Shipped Plugs
1. Log into your Account and delete any items previously added to your Cart. Old items can cause checkout problems, as Lead Times and Ship Weeks have been updated in the interval. Begin your session with a fresh Cart.
2. Check your payment method, billing address, and shipping address for accuracy. Vermont customers must have a VT S-3A added under Account Settings.
3. Don't Panic. October 2 will not be a mad dash, so no stress. We have thousands of trays, teams of young plant experts, and much-increased capacity from the 2023 season. Ordering goes live at Noon ET / 9am PT. The site will be shut down for 24 hours prior to the restock.
4. Keen to order vernalized perennials from Gro 'n Sell? These chunky "Big Burly" plants are grown in a 32 cell tray and can require 12-18 months to grow and overwinter, which makes restocking slow and infrequent. Don't delay if you've got big perennial plans.
5. You've got questions? We've got answers. Each supplier has their own "Everything You Need to Know" info page for all the dirt on ordering, shipping, and more. If you don't see the answer to your question, email us at email@example.com for timely assistance.